November 25, 2014

NYC #13 // Happy Birthday ♥

Somewhere in Brooklyn.

Hello there! Yes, I am still alive and yes, I am still in New York. Many apologies for my lack of posts the last two weeks, but my private life had taken over me and my thoughts. Anyways, everything is good and yesterday was a special day for me! If you follow me on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter you might have noticed that it was my Birthday :) But writing this, I actually would like to say: Happy Bornday to everyone who made the past year such a special and incredible one full of life, love and joy! I am looking forward to another new year, a new and better me! May it be filled with more adventures, more mindfulness, more compassion and even more love ♥ 

Thank you to everyone who is reading this, thank you to everyone who believes in me and a huge thank you to my friends and family! And special thanks to the ones, who spent this bright day with me! :) Of course, this wasn't a usual birthday since I am far away from home, but I started the day easy, enjoyed lots of reading and met up with dear friends for some thrift shopping - because in NY you just have to do that! - then later that day, we went out for Vietnamese Dinner because I was craving vietnamese authentic Phở! 

 Bánh Cuốn
 (a nothern dish, rice batter filled with pork, 
mushrooms and shallots)
 #notsovegan
Sao Mai, East Village
203 1st Ave, New York, NY 10003

Open everyday 11-22.30pm

We ended up at Sao Mai in the East Village and it was pretty decent. I would probably come back here again. The appetizers were good, the Beef-Phở Broth reminded me of home and the overall atmosphere, waiters (southern-vietnamese) were nice, too! I wonder how their vegetarian Phở is because this was not so vegan... so an exception for me. This might be a good thing to find out: Vietnamese Vegan Dishes!


After this filling meal, my Japanese friend took me to Cha-An, a very hidden place close to St.Marks. It's on the second floor of the building and when you step into the café, you will enter a Japanese traditional teahouse filled with tea pots, bamboo leaves and little tables. First thought: This place is super cute and cozy! The desserts were really really delicious, I'm definitely coming back here! We had the Dora-Yaki Ice-Cream Sandwich and Yukimi Zenzai - mochi ice cream with red bean porridge and Genmaicha Green Tea. This place is highly recommended for all green tea lovers!

 230 East 9th Street, 2nd Floor
New York, 10003

Mon-Thu 2-11pm
Fri-Sat 12-12am
Sun 12-10pm 

Therefore, I had a beautiful day in the city. The sun was shining bright, it was pretty warm and I had good food and good company! This week will be pretty food-heavy since Thanksgiving is coming up, so stay tuned for more foody-posts the next days, stay curious and have a Happy New Week guys ♥ 

1 comment:

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh