October 13, 2014

Mindful Monday: Dream. Believe. Achieve.


When I came to NY the very first days, I looked up some half marathons and saw that there is one coming up on my birthday! Nice, huh? :) I asked my dear friends if they would be up for that. No racing, only fun and friends motivating each other to accomplish something together instead of a big party. 

At that point, my ankle was still swollen and I am glad that by now, it turned to normal size again ;) It was rather a No from every party. So, I turned this chance down and didn't think about it anymore.. until last weekend! 

With my Girlcrush on Sophia Chang, I came across one of the Undo-Ordinary Co-Founders Robin Arzon. A former lawyer turned into a fitness journalist and an ultramarathoner, running for her mum and multiple sclerosis, read her full story on her blog. I read an interview with her and this is what made my eyes spark again: 
Endurance racing really parallels life in that there are so many moments when you’re like, I can’t do this, but then you look back with 20/20 vision and you’re like I am stronger than anyone could ever imagine.
Read the full interview here.

With these words I was like: This is so so true! After every long run I did in my life, I always felt like superwoman afterwards! In that year of 2012 when I started long runs I was like: I can't do this, I don't want to run anymore.. and then you push, push, push and you finish!!! Every single time, I felt more energetic, more alive, more focused! 

Long story short, I ended up getting the right gear to start running again and as soon as I feel better, I will hit the streets of NYC! :) Really cannot wait!!! Will I do the 10k on my birthday or the half marathon? I do not know yet, but I will run for sure! What is your hobby or passion that gives you power, more strength and endurance for life? 

Never stop dreaming, always believe in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh