September 29, 2014

Mindful Monday: Shopping Madness

NYC #4 // "Money looks better in the bank..


..than on your feet", that is what Sophia Amoruso, founder of Nasty Gal and author of the NY Times Bestseller #Girlboss recommends us. As soon as you get out of the airplane and land in the heart of Manhattan, you see shining lights with photo-shopped ads everywhere. Anytime, you will find sales going on: Buy one, get one 50% off. Buy 4 for 25$. Buy two and you get the 3rd one free. It's crazy! People are running around with huge shopping bags as if spending money would be their biggest hobby. 

Of course, I am tempted, too. There are so many stores you won't find in Germany and designer brands, where you just want to dive in and all the consignment stores and flea markets. Oh my! It's shopping heaven for any fashionista! What shall I do? Buy or not buy, that's the question... I know these are first-world problems, but Mindful Monday is there to reflect and rethink my actions. Before coming here, I already made myself a shopping list and only wanted to buy specific things. Now this list has reached its edge and I don't know what to do. Did my 6 Month-Shopping-Challenge teach me something? 

Yes, it did. Every single day here, I tell myself: Try to keep your money together, save it, you will need it. Only shop what you love, not because something is cheap! Be selective and live within your means. Think first. So, at the end, I didn't get these nice pair of Nike Wedges. Amoruso is right, I do like my money on my bank account better than on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh