July 26, 2014

MBFW Day 3: Premium // SEEK


Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go to more runway shows other than the one by Rebekka Ruétz since I had to work in the afternoon until the evening. But I was really really happy that some of those designers still showed their collection at the Premium Exhibition. So, here comes the 3rd and last Berlin Fashion Week S/S'15 post:


You might still remember the brand UMASAN, I reported about them last season during fashion week. Too bad I missed this summer's show, but at least I could get a small sneak into their new collection at Premium. Umasan is a vegan, sustainable and environmental-friendly brand from Berlin. The twins Anja and Sandra Umann are the designers behind this minimalistic, asian inspired label. For Spring/Summer'15, they stick to black, light fabrics and clear cuts combined with a few ochre and white pieces. Above, you can see my favorite pieces, but have a look at their runway show here.  

A bit more fun, a bit more quirky and a bit more childish is definitely the Collection by Franziska Michael. She told us that her designs were inspired by many elements such as children, barbies, but also the hiphop culture and sports like basketball.


She is definitely doing her own thing and does not fit in Berlin's simple and minimalistic style scene, which I very like because she sticks out and combines different materials, but also shapes and colors. Mint green and peachy rose find their ways together through black and white. Have a closer look and maybe you will find the Barbie in her pieces ;-) Click here to see her show. What do you think guys?



One of the most beautiful collections and in my opinion runway shows was that of Malaika Raiss. Feminine, chic, elegant, but also cool with statement sweaters such as the one below encouraging any girl to be good at ... not giving a shit? :)
Clear cuts have a feminine touch through sequins, the pattern and the summery color scheme make any woman want to live in her collection. Either for business, a picknick, a night-out or a casual meeting, the collection serves it all.


We can only guess that the designer did not want to decide on one color scheme, so that there's a variety of colors such as bright orange, rose, wine red, dark royal blue and white. Polka dots, see-through stripes and monochrome pieces are perfectly matched. And then there's the black and white print with the toucan, oh my, I think, I should start saving money for next summer now!!! Don't you think this collection is just amazing?
 

You should have a look into the runway show here with one of the most known German model Franzi Müller in front. The pieces look even better when worn! Sorry for the many pictures I took from the collection, it is just so so beautiful!  


I guess, I am in LOVE with leather again.. strolling through the Seek Exhibtion, I have noticed a new brand called PB0110 by Philipp Bree. He teamed up with a few designers such as Ayzit Bostan and created this line for his spring/summer collection. Not only were there bags, but also phone cases, backpacks and purses. The black handbag above on the left is my favorite. What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh