February 28, 2014

Food Friday: Rye x Whole Spelt Flour Bread


Oh boy! I've just checked the Bread Recipes and the last one I've posted was in August 2013!!! Really need to post more of them because I'm always baking new ones with different ingredients or specialities :) This time, I've tried out a mixture of two flours, whole spelt flour and actually rye flour. I don't know why I've never done this before, but since I'm adding more rye flour to my breads (oh yes, I've tried this one out a severeal times, didn't want to give you a-never-tested-recipe), the result is more rich, dark and delicious!!! We've tried out only rye-flour before, but the bread was too dense and too heavy on the stomach. This is the perfect mixture now :) Have a try!

Ingredients:
250g whole spelt flour,
250g rye flour,
2 cups (150g) different seeds'n nuts
like almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds etc.

500ml luke-warm water,
1 package yeast,
2 teaspoons salt,
2 tablespoons vinegar (balsamic, cider).


1. Mix the flours in a big bowl, form a small hollow (dt.Mulde) in the middle of the flour mixture and place small parts of the yeast in that. Add salt and vinegar. Pour the water gradually in the bowl while mixing the dough with a spoon, or hands (how you prefer).

2. Step by step you can add the seeds and nuts, keep on mixing until all ingredients are evenly distributed in the dough. This is the step, at which you can add anything you want :) Chia? Thin Carrot or Zucchini slices? Pesto? I've tried it! Go for it ;-) But be aware that you might need less or more water, see how it turns out. The dough should be a bit moist, but not too much.

3. Prepare a baking sheet and form a bread ;-) Have some oats on top if you like. Put it in the not-preheated!!! oven for 60minutes at 400°F (200°C). 

Et VoilĂ  :)


Your freshly baked, homemade and superhealthy bread is done! Enjoy with hearty or sweet spreads, I promise you'll love it ;-) And baking bread was never that easy!!! ♥ 
More Recipes to come under Breadlove :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh