January 13, 2014

Mindful Monday: Wishcraft by Barbara Sher

Today's Mindful Monday post is a small insight into the Book Preview: How to get what you really want. Wishcraft is the actual, bigger book for how to discover and to realize dreams and professional aims. Both are written by career advisor, life coach and author Barbara Sher. When I first received this book by a dear friend as a birthday present, I wasn't sure about this. Because I thought that I definitely kinda know what I want in life, but she meant it in a positive way and thought that it might help me to focus better.

Indeed, when I was studying for exams, I took a break from blogging, but also couldn't resist to dive into this book and read it. It has four main chapters and is divided into: an Introduction, Wanted: My own Personal Style, Wanted: My own Personal Dream Goal and Dream Goal Found - What Now? 


First, it will tell you that it is never too late to change the route you're on and that you ARE able to follow your dreams. Now, I will give you a few examples of the specialties of this book. It has a few exercises with which you will learn so much about yourself and your dreams.

Wanted: My own Personal Style

Pick a colour:
You have to spontanuously pick a colour and describe it as being the colour yourself :)

Mine turned out like this:
I am green because I am happy and vital,
I am full of hope and I love to grow like a plant.
I am green because green means life.
I live from water, earth and air.
Green means nature.
I am green so therefore I am happy, easygoing and cool :)

20 Things you love to do:
This one was actually REALLY hard
because when you're at number 12 you're like.. hmm..
okay, what else do I like to do? =D

An ideal day:
Imagine yourself that all your bills are paid and you don't have to take care of anything, imagine the perfect day:
...
It does not matter how old you'll be then,
just pick any day with family, friends, the perfect job, whatsoever.

I really like this exercise because it makes you think of 
how you can get closer to your dream day.

Wanted: My own Personal Dream Goal

Be precise with your goal. 

How to set up your goal and how to live it one by one, at the same time or alternating.

Dream Goal Found - What Now? 

The last chapter talks about Ups and Downs.

I promise, in only two hours you'll know more about yourself and what you really want and need in your life to achieve the things you've always wanted to do. For me, it opened up my eyes and for example I know that I do not need a lot of money to do the 20 things I love and like, except from travelling ;-) And now I am working towards my ideal day and want to embrace my green side more and more, always staying vital, happy and alive. So, if you're interested, try this book and it will enligthen your life :) 

Happy new week xo!

1 comment:

  1. Schöne Buchvorstellung zu einem interessanten Buch, mehr davon! (:

    Liebe Grüße,
    Lisa

    http://littlebittersweetworld.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh