January 24, 2014

Food Friday: Vegan Banana Pancakes ♥


Oh my! I really do have a thing for vegan everything although I am not one. How come? Just so, I love trying out vegan food and cooking and baking with meat/egg/milk-substitutes :) Right now, I'm having a semester break, but not really, anyone who understands me? Yeah, I still have to work on papers'n stuff, but there's never no time for cooking delicious meals :)


Earlier this week, I was lusting for some banana pancakes, so I've tried out some recipes and this is how it turned out.

Ingredients:
1 cup of whole-grain flour (spelt etc.)
4-5 teaspoons of brown sugar
1 teapsoon baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon (depending on your taste)
1 cup of soy milk
100g almonds
2 ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
1 banana or 1 apple to slice up separately

1. Smash the ripe bananas and mix them with all the other ingredients. If the almonds are too chunky or too big for your taste, you can also chop them up.

4. Slice up the banana or the apple into squares and add them to the dough. You will love the big pieces in your pancake later ;-)

3. Put some oil (olive oil, coconut oil) on a pan, heat it up and put two-to-three spoons of dough onto the pan to form one pancake. Depending on your pan, two to three small ones will fit in. Thinner is better and faster, and don't forget to turn them around ;-) Serve pure, with some honey or jelly. 
 Et voilá, that's it! 
Enjoy and happy weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. They look totally yummy! ;)

    Lisa
    http://littlebittersweetworld.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh