November 15, 2013

Food Friday: Almond Biscottis ♥


I remember making these the first time for Mother's Day in 2012. At that time, I was in the U.S., living at a hostfamily and the kids and I wanted to surprise my hostmum with some delicious cookies :) So we've made Almond Cantuccinis since these are not too sugary and sweet. 

The other day I was also lusting for these cookies and additionally was really into Italian food :) I've looked up this recipe in my U.S. diary and here it is:

 Oh and be careful, these are SUPERDUPER addictive!!!


Ingredients:
- 250g whole spelt flour
- one teaspoon baking powder
- 150g to 180g raw cane sugar (more/less, if preferred)
- two teaspoons of vanilla sugar
- one pinch salt
- 25g butter
- two to three eggs (depends on consistency)
- 200g almonds, chopped.

1. Prepare everything and mix them altogether except of the almonds, knead with your hands and try to get a nice dough, shouldn't be wet, more sticky. 

2. Add the almonds, shape the dough into a ball and leave it in the refridgerator for about 30minutes. 

3. Preheat the oven at about 200°C (390°F), prepare the baking sheet on the tray and lay out the dough into two wide (not in length, but in width) rolls. Bake for about 10 two 12 minutes.

4. Take out the rolls and cut them into 1cm slices, like cutting bread. Put them back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes until they are golden-brown. 

You're all set :) Enjoy these cookies with a cup of coffee, tea or just plain. It's super delicious and I can warmly recommend it to you! Need to make more now, they are gone already =D

Tip for all Chocolate-Lovers: Heat up some dark chocolate, spread it on one half of the cookies and let it dry (Picture 1) :) You will love it, I promise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh