October 4, 2013

Food Friday: Easy-Peasy Pumpkin Soup


Autumn-Time is Pumpkin-Time!!! 
I'm pretty glad about the fact that the pumpkin is back =D Hell yeah, I was super excited to get my first one this year. I have to say that I haven't found out about pumpkins as a super vegetable since last autumn when a dad of a very good friend made some soup out of it. I became totally addicted and since then I'd do anything with it. Some people do not like pumpkins, I'm asking why??? but I'm sure I can change your tastebuds ;-)

For this recipe you'll need:
A hokkaido pumpkin,
some carrots, onions, tomatoes, ginger, 
vegetable broth and coconut oil (any other oil works as well). 

For a small pot serving 2 it'd be:
Half a hokkaido pumpkin, one and a half carrots, two onions, one tomatoe, a bit of ginger.

Start cutting up everything into small cubes and do three teaspoons of coconut oil in a pot, add onions, carrots and pumpkin. Heat up your pot and add two cups of hot water mixed with two tablespoons vegetable broth. Let it simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes until the carrots and pumpkin are soft. Take your blender and mash up the vegetables, do it as you prefer, for example I like my soup more chunky and leave some vegetable pieces. If you like it more smotth, add water or coconut/soy milk. Add the tomatoe and ginger pieces, add salt, pepper, herbs and taste it. Blend more if you prefer. Mix and heat it up again.

Et voilá, that's it :) Have some rice or bread with it. I've also added some boiled shrimps for a more Asian soup :)

My Food-Tip: Why Coconut Oil? Coconut works wonder with pumpkin and you'll taste the difference using coconut oil. 


1 comment:

  1. Looks great and super easy! I was thinking about getting a hokkaido last week, but didn't do it, now I'll definitely get one as soon as poosible :-)
    <3

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh