August 2, 2013

Food Friday: Steffi's Burgers x Phyllo Bags


It's not too late yet! Well, would say: It's never too late ;-) Yet, it's still friday, even though it's 10pm German time zone. Anyways, I'm sitting here and writing about my roommate's recipe for last night's dinner ;-) 

As you know I'm having lots of friends over from my hometown, but it's nice, isn't it? This week my dear friend Hong Anh was here, who taught me longboarding! Therefore we've spend every single minute boarding and cruising through the streets. Yes, I even took it to work and she waited for me every single day =D That's also the reason why I haven't posted anything the last few days. Anyways, last night after spending some nice hours at the Tempelhof Airport, it was like coming home to mum's since Steffi (roommate) was cooking for us. 

What did she serve us? Burgers and phyllo bags aka 'Bulette mit Blätterteigtaschen'. Click on for the recipe.

For the phyllo bags:

Onions, zucchini, frozen spinach, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, eggs or cottage cheese, phyllo dough, parmesan cheese.

 Cut up the onion and zucchini into small pieces, stir it with some oil in a sauce pan, add the defrosted spinach and let it cook a bit. Add the cut up feta cheese and cherry tomatoes. Have some whisked egg or cottage cheese in the sauce pan, season it with some salt, pepper and herbs. 

Roll out the phyllo dough and shape some squares. Put the vegetable-cheese stuffing on the phyllo and fold the dough with the stuffing into either squares or triangles. Press the ends of the dough with a fork, so the stuffing won't be able to pour out. Spread some whisked egg on top of the dough and pour some parmesan cheese on top. 

Put the phyllo bags in the oven, I'd suggest 180°C (350°F) for 20 minutes? Hope it'll work.

For the burger you'll need:

Ground meat, onion, garlic, bread crumbs, one egg.

Mix everything together, season it with spices and then shape into balls. Fry them on the pan with some oil. 



Although this is not a 'healthy' recipe, it was really nice of her cooking for us and after some hours full of activity you're just up for some good food! And I have to say, this was really delicious :) 

Thanks Steffi! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh