July 5, 2013

Food Friday: Whole grain bread x dried tomatoes


So, apart from all the fashion week shows and events, I've just needed a little break to calm down. What to do? Grab your longboard, even if it's just to the supermarket, take a little ride and enjoy the wind and fresh air! What's next? Get some healthy ingredients and start cooking! :) And no worries, in the next few days I'll post something about what I was up to this week!

As you can see in the pictures above I'm having an affair with bread!!! With hearty-whole-grain-delicious bread! It is called: Breadlove. I think I should ask for a new word in the dictionary. Do you think I could do that? The love for making bread?! :) Whenever I make it, it's so easy and super fast! This time I'll present you my signature one, everyone loves it and I cannot stop eating it. I always use this Whole-grain bread recipe as my base and then I'd change the add-ons. 

So, for this bread use:
3 and 3/4 cup spelt flour

2 cups of seeds (sunflower, flax seeds and herbs)
1/2 litre water or less, don't pour everything at once, see how it works with the dough, 
it should neither be too dry nor too moist.

1 package active-dry yeast

2 regular teaspoons salt

2 regular tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 handful of dried tomatoes
Mix all the ingredients together with an electric mixer. Mine is broken, so I'd use a spoon or knead it with your hands ;-) Then, put the dough in the not-preheated!!! oven for 60minutes at 400°F (200°C). 

You'll get a super healthy bread full of love :) I think baking bread is one of the most exciting dishes you can make because for me, it's like magic! Whenever I go to a BBQ party, bread is the-go-to gift everyone loves. Moreover it's just super easy to make and I can assure you, you won't stop baking it if you've had it!!!

Try it out and give it a shot!
Have some breadlove in your kitchen ;-) ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh