July 28, 2013

Beat the summer heat x let's skate


What to do when the thermometer shows 38°C (100°F) and you still want to stay active? Get out of the house and get your butt moving! In the heat? How? Spend some time in nature, go hiking in a forest, it will cool you down or go to a lake and swim a bit. When you're an early bird, get up before work and go for a run.

Working from Monday to Fridays I'm always longing for some get-aways over the weekend. Sometimes I just want to get out of the city and see some trees! A bit of nature, a bit of fresh air to rejuvenate my mind and soul. What did I do this weekend? Well, I met up with some friends, took a train to a station close to a lake and then we rode 8 km to the swim spot. Riding my longboard on big and empty streets is so much fun although the sun is burning on my skin, but there's nothing better than feeling some freedom! After a good ride I'm always feeling superduperüberamazing, haha. It's like: Rolling, swimming, yoga, sports, sun bathing, eating healthily, rolling, swimming, yoga, sports, sun bathing, eating fresh and repeaaaaaat!!! :)

The other day we also went up to the Berlin Teufelsberg and it was just nice to have an overview of the city and being on top of it. I love being out in nature, it's a nice contrast of working in front of the computer all day. You can suck in some fresh energy and just enjoy the present moment of it. No rush, no hectic, no electronics, just being here and now.

Yes, I am enjoying Berlin a lot!!! :)
Hope you guys can get some fresh air and enjoy the summer as well ;-)

xx

P.S.: Here are 12 tips from health.com to stay active when it's too hot to workout, try them! Next time I'll try to take some pictures of the road, the lake and will show some nice spots of Berlin to have your city-get-aways ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh