June 30, 2012

sleep no more..

I was kind of off this week so I was spending some free time where? Of course- in lovely New York City! I was there from Wednesday to Friday.


On wednesday, I went with some friends to the theatre play Sleep No More - a Hitchcock- Shakespeare mash-up. We, the audience had to wear big white masks and instead of sitting there and seeing a play, we were walking through an entire Hotel, which was transformed into the Set. We could choose to follow the actors, touch the requisite and open books and etc. 
I would definitely recommend seeing it. It goes for about two and a half hours, it was different, scaring and the actors were great! My favourite one was the Asian witch, I think. At the end of the show, she took me by her hand and then gave me a Good Night Kiss :) Maybe she could see through the mask that I'm Asian, too =D

Check out some pictures and audio material here
“A merry macabre chase. A voyeur’s delight. Messes with your head as thorougly as any artificial stimulant. Spectacular!”
-Ben Brantley, The New York Times

Oh and before I forget, if you're into the American Series: Gossip Girl, they've had an episode shooting in the same play: 


Have fun watching it!
xoxo 

M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh