May 5, 2012

I care.


My last article for the college's student newspaper came out today. I wrote about the Earth Week at my college, its activities and if the college is really 'green'.

At the green festival in NY, we've got a lot of information about going green and how small steps can make a difference. I think that people would like to do something in order to go green but they are just too busy to really think about it. 

Right now I am trying to find a balance between my shopping habits, consumption itself and being green because after I had time to do some research and watching documentaries now I think twice what and where I buy.

Would you like to join me?

Here are some tips in going green:
*use cloth bags, refuse plastic
*share what you have- buy less stuff
*invest in quality and durability
*put on a sweater
*eat less meat, eat locally grown organic food
*don't drive unless you have to, walk and cycle more
*turn off lights when you leave a room
*use buses, trains and tram: carpool
*pick up litter
*look for fair trade and union labels

I know it can be hard to 'be green' especially when you're a student and you just don't have the money to buy organic, fair trade or sustainable products. And I am not going to become vegan but just to be aware of what you eat and to think about the environment would help a lot. Let's see how that goes, I'll let you know..

Interesting:

Fun, educating, helping game:

Know that all life on earth is connected, little and big changes will make a difference
if we pay attention today.

Have fun, enjoy and learn,

M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh